Selecting the right PR agency is a very important decision.
It can determine how your company, event or product is positioned in the marketplace and perceived by your audience.
That’s why it is imperative you invest a considerable amount of time in finding the PR agency to suit your individual requirements. There are many factors you need to consider when choosing a PR firm, and to make things a little easier, we have listed the top 10 things you should consider (below).
Before you begin your search for your PR company, consider completing our questionnaire below.
This will help you understand your objectives and assist you when briefing your chosen agency.
- Ultimate objective - What do you want to achieve?
- Your requirements - What services you need to achieve your desired outcomes?
- Size matters – Do you want to work with a boutique agency or larger corporation?
- Reach - Do you require a local, interstate, national or international service?
- Deadlines - What is your timeframe to achieve your objectives – weeks, months or years?
- Budget - How much can you allocate to your PR initiatives?
- Inside reality versus outside perception - How do you want to be positioned in the marketplace and how do you want to be perceived by your audience?
- Your expectations - What do you expect from your agency, PR campaign and yourself?
- Working relationship - Do you want a PR partner or someone who will do absolutely everything for you from start to finish?
- The big picture - Where do you see yourself, your company or your product in 5-10 years? (Mapping out a timeline will help you and your agency determine the best course of action.)